Business Japanese Class is designed for students who plan to work for Japanese companies in Japan or overseas. With the expanding globalization, expectation towards international students as “highly skilled specialists” are on the rise. The number of foreign students finding employment in Japanese companies is increasing every year. According to the statistics by the Ministry of Justice, the number of overseas students who have changed their resident status from “study” to “employment” was 15657 people in 2015, marking a new record high. Many Japanese companies require their foreign employees to “understand Japanese corporate culture” and have “high-level communication skills in Japanese”. In Business Japanese Class, students can deepen the understanding towards Japanese society and Japanese companies and learn the mechanisms of Japanese job hunting and etiquette.
- Improving Japanese communication skills to correspond to business scene during job hunting and after employment.
- Original curriculum based on two main pillars, “comprehension of the Japanese job-hunting mechanisms” and “refinement of the Employability Skills”.
- Task-based group classes promoting autonomous career development.
- Teachers with rich working experience*, professional teaching and supporting skills.
*Major city bank, Leading audio-visual equipment manufacturer, computer-related company of international capital etc.
Achievements：100 students found employments in previous 3 years
Ma Yifan (China)
Employed at a cosmetics distribution company, Sales Department
Employed at a production firm (Engineer)
Employed at a premium hotel
|Class Hours||Monday to Friday / 9:15 – 12:30|
|Requirements||Students who applies to all following requirements
1. Students who understand the contents of the class and have strong wish to find employment in Japan or work for a Japanese company abroad
2. Students who have Bachelor Degree or Associate Degree
3. Students who have Intermediate level Japanese skill or more.
(Certificate of Japanese test score is required. Ex. JLPT, J.TEST…etc)
|Selection||1. Essay Test (approximately 400 words)
2. Interview (A Skype interview will be arranged for applicants from overseas in advance)
*Application fee, Registration fee and textbooks are not included.
Program & Timetable
|Theme||Main Content||Job Hunting Schedule|
Registering with Employment Information Websites
Companies’ Briefing Session
Apply to Companies
|1st Period||Pronunciation & Vocabulary||Pronunciation & Vocabulary||Pronunciation & Vocabulary||Pronunciation & Vocabulary||Pronunciation & Vocabulary|
|2nd period||Listening Comprehension||Business E-mail||
Preparation for Job Interview
|Reading Comprehension||Japanese affairs|
|3rd period||Comprehensive Japanese||Business Conversation||Intercultural understanding||Comprehensive Japanese||Business Research|
|5th period||Individual Career Counseling, Interview Practice|