The Specified Skilled Worker is a new status of residence for work in Japan. It requires the knowledge and experience to work in one of 12 fields. By the end of 2022 there were 130,000 foreign workers on the specified skilled worker visa, and are expected to increase in the near future. At ARC Tokyo Japanese Language School, in addition to the regular Japanese language classes, we will have lesson in preparation for the skills test for students who plan to work in the restaurant business. Workers on the specified skilled worker visa (food service industry) will engage in the food industry as a whole (making drinks, cooking food, customer service, store management). In this one-year program for preparation to the Specified skilled worker visa, students will be acquiring the language skills necessary to communicate at the workplace, while passing the skill exam and aim for employment.
Who is this class for?
- Students who want to work in Japan in the food service industry with the Specified Skilled Worker visa (No. 1)
- Japanese classes divided by Japanese level, focused on improving communication skills
- Course for preparation to the Proficiency Skills Exam (Food service industry) for Specified skilled worker visa
- Part-time jobs and paid internships introduction, that can lead to employment
- Introduction to food industry firms, restaurants businesses
- Consultation on change of visa status
|School||ARC Tokyo Japanese Language School|
|１ year (enrollment in the 1-year Standard Study Abroad Course)|
|Class time||Monday-Friday / 9:15～12:30 or 13:30-16:45|
Those who meet all of the following
|Admission||１） Documents screening
２） Interview（online or in person）
|Number of students||20|
Application fee 30,000 JPY，Registration fee 70,000 JPY，Tuition fee 768,000 JPY （textbooks cost not included）
Regarding information on tuition fees,please check this link.
1 year calendar
|Japanese classes||Skills proficiency Test
First Specified Skilled Worker Test Preparation class
Second Specified Skilled Worker Test Preparation Class
Introduction to restaurants for part-time
Start training and work part-time
Receive job offer（after passing the exam）
Apply for change of
Start working fulltime in April
・Specified Skilled Worker Test Preparation Class will be held once a week either 12:40-13:20 or 17:00-17:40.
When changing status of residence
- Applicant must be 18 years old or above
- Be in good health
- Have to have passed JLPT N4 or above, or JFT-Basic Japan Foundation Test for Basic Japanese
- Have to have passed the Food Service Industry Skills Proficiency Test
- Fulfill taxes obligations（resident taxes, income taxes）
- Entering and paying premiums for health insurance and national pension
- Working contract conditions are appropriate for the specified skilled worker visa
ARC Tokyo Japanese Language School offers Free Employment Placement Service (registration number 13-ム-300110) and act as a connection to introduce part-time jobs to students immediately after admission, and supports them to get a fulltime job with a specified skilled worker visa. A consultant attorney will advise students on points to keep in mind when changing the status of residence.
Appication for April 2024 admission (Standard Study Abroad Course: 1 year）